Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
4 Square Writing
Book Club Strategies
Create a Graph
End of Year Survey
Letter to a 5th Grader
Martin Luther King Jr.
Math Lessons Online Unit 1
Math Lessons Online Unit 2
Math Lessons Online Unit 3
Math Lessons Online Unit 4
Math Lessons Online Unit 5
Math Lessons Online Unit 6
Math Lessons Online Unit 7
Math Lessons Unit 9
Math Standards Based Wiki
MCA MATH REVIEW
MCA Reading Vocabulary Words
On My Honor
Reading Theme 1
Reading Theme 2
Reading Theme 3
Reading Theme 4
Reading Theme 5
Reading Theme 6
Social Studies Quarter 1
Social Studies Quarter 2
Social Studies Quarter 3
Social Studies Quarter 4
STEPPING UP TO BE A NORTH STAR
The Fighting Ground
The Secret Soldier
The Sign of the Beaver
Weekly Geography Worksheets
Where the Red Fern Grows
Word Cloud Math
Word Cloud Most fun things about 5th grade
Word Cloud Social Studies
Math Lessons Online Unit 3
Unit 3 Addition and Subtraction of Whole Numbers and Decimals
Homework and Remembering Worksheets for Unit 3:
Math Unit 3 Homework and Remembering.pdf
external image 20090501.004.jpg
Unit 3 Lesson 1 - Decimals and Equal Divisions
1. Understand decimals as equal divisions of a whole.
2. Relate fractions and decimals.
Lesson 3-1 Decimals as Equal Parts of Sets pg. 84.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 2 - Equate and Compare
1. Model and identify equivalent decimals.
Lesson 3-2 Visualize with other models pg. 85.wmv
Lesson 3-2 Practice Comparisons pg. 86.wmv
A video on how to compare and order decimals.
A link to a game on comparing decimals.
Unit 3 Lesson 3 - Thousands to Thousandths
1. Read, write, and model whole and decimal numbers.
2. Compare and order decimal numbers.
Lesson 3-3 Thousands to Thousandths.wmv
Lesson 3-3 Thousands to Thousandths pg. 87.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 4 - Adding and Subtracting Decimals
1. Find decimal sims and differences.
2. Estimate and measure lengths using metric units.
Lesson 3-4 Adding Decimals.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 5 - Billions to Billionths
1. Recognize Place Values from billions to billionths.
2. Read, write, compare, and order very large numbers.
3. Represent numbers in different ways.
Lesson 3-5 Symmetry around the ones place pg. 95.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 6 - Use Place Value
1. Make the greatest and the least possible numbers using a given set of numbers.
2. Recognize relationships among place value to billions.
Lesson 3-6 Use Place Value pg. 99.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 7 - Add whole numbers and decimals
1. Align numbers to prepare for addition.
2. Explain different methods of addition.
Lesson 3-7 Add Whole Numbers and Decimals.wmv
Lesson 3-7 Addition Problems pg. 101.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 8 - Addition to Millions
1. Align numbers according to their place values to prepare for adding.
2. Use and explain different methods for addition.
Lesson 3-8 Discuss a preferred methond pg. 104.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 9 - Subtract Whole and Decimal Numbers
1. Explore the relationship between addition and subtraction.
2. Explain solution methods for multi-digit subtraction.
Unit 3 Lesson 3-9 Two ways to Ungroup in subtraction pg. 105.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 10 - Place Value Word Problems
1. Solve problems with large numbers and decimal numbers.
2. Write word problems.
Unit 3 Lesson 11 - Properties and Strategies
1. Use the commutative, associative, and distributive properties to compute mentally.
2. Apply properties to real world situations.
Unit 3 Lesson 11 pg. 111 and 112.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 12 - Pictographs with Large Numbers
1. Understand progressively larger increments to one million.
2. Read and construct pictographs with large numbers.
Lesson 3-12 Use a pictograph pg. 113.wmv
Lesson 3-12 Make a Pictograph pg. 114.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 13 - Round Numbers on Graphs
1. Read scales that show large rounded numbers to 100 million.
2. Identify the halfway point between two numbers that are multiples of ten.
3. Estimate by rounding large numbers.
Unit 3 Lesson 13 pg. 115 Introduce Scales as a visual aid to rounding.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 13 pg. 116 Practice with rounding.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 14 - Bar Graphs and Rounding
1. Read and construct bar grpahs with large numbers.
2. Round numbers to the hundred millions.
3. Identify the halfway point with numbers to the hundred millions.
Unit 3 Lesson 14 Bar Graphs with Large Numbers.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 15 - Round and estimate with decimals.
1. Use a number line and place value to round decimals.
2. Estimate decimal sums and differences.
Unit 3 Lesson 16 - Discrete and Continuous Data
1. Compare and contrast discrete and continuous data represented in tables and graphs.
2. Interpret double and triple line graphs.
3. Make single line graphs.
Unit 3 Lesson 16 pb. 123 Analyzing Data and Tables.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 16 pb 124 Analyze data and graphs.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 16 pb. 126 Double Line Graphs.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 16 pb. 127 Triple Line Graphs.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 17 - Graph with Decimal Numbers
1. Round decimal numbers to the nearest tenth, hundreth, and thousandth.
2. Read and construct graphs with decimal numbers.
Unit 3 Lesson 17 pb. 129 Graphing with decimal numbers.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 18 - Classify Word Problems
1. Understand and apply a classification system for common addition and subtraction situations.
2. Solve word problems with both additive and multiplicative comparisons.
Unit 3 Lesson 18 pb. 133 and 134.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 18 practice book pages 135 and 136.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 19 - Situation and Solution Equations
1. Solve word problems with unknown addends.
2. Write a situation equaiton and convert it to a solution equation.
Unit 3 Lesson 19 practice book pages 137 and 138.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 20 - Comparison Problems
1. Solve addition and subtraction problems mentally using place value.
2. Represent and solve comparison word problems.
3. Understand and apply comparison language.
Unit 3 Lesson 21 - Two-Step Word Problems
1. Write and solve word problems that involve two steps.
2. Identify relevant information in problems.
Unit 3 Lesson 21 Two step word problems.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 21 pb. 144 Too much information.wmv
Unit 3 Lesson 22 - Use Mathematical Processes
1. Solve a variety of problems using mathematical conceptand skills.
2. Use mathematical processes of problem solving, connections, reasoning and proof, communication and representation.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"